07 Jun Towne Park is Enhancing the Arrival Experience in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Guest post by John Menghini, Towne Health Vice President – Operations
It is my pleasure to announce the opening of the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cedar Rapids Convention Complex in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Formerly the Crowne Plaza Five Seasons, the building was purchased by the City of Cedar Rapids and underwent a two-year $144 million dollar transformation. The complex consists of a 267 room hotel, an 80,000 square foot convention center and a 9,600 seat arena, the U.S. Cellular Center, designed as the cornerstone to the rebirth of the Cedar Rapids downtown district after the devastating flood of 2008. This opening brings our total to three sites in Cedar Rapids.
Opening weekend was a resounding success. Faced with hotel occupancy twice what was forecasted, the Towne Park team rose to the challenge including Friday night during a sold out Lady Antebellum concert. A team consisting of both seasoned Towne Park veterans and new associates came together to operate as one well-oiled machine. A special thanks to our Account Manager, Traci Olson, for her tireless work during opening and in the weeks leading up to it. Great job Traci!
We would also like to offer a BIG thank you to rest of our exceptional opening team who worked long and hard to ensure our success.
- Executive Vice President Frank Pikus
- Kirk Pozadzides,Corey Boddicker and the sales and marketing team
- District Manager Ian Wurst
- Our Talent Team for finding the best associates
- Our local Revenue Champion
- Our local Talent Champion
- Jonathan Mounce our Controller
- Kelly Sighel who led our critical path
- Oour Talent Acquisitions Team
- Our Ops Support Representatives
- We are also grateful for the additional support we received from Travis Farmer, Central District Manager as well as from area Account Managers Nicole Brissette, Nathan Peoples and Keith O’Flaherty
Great job by all!
Next time your travels take you to Cedar Rapids, stop by and say hello!