02 Apr Keeping Everyone Safe During the Covid-19 Pandemic
At Towne Park, the safety of our people, clients, our customers and the broader community is our number one priority. As we all navigate the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic we are focused on keeping everyone safe and healthy as we all do our part to limit the spread of the virus.
We provide our teams with the most up to date safety guidance provided by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and Prevention, other public health organizations along with directions specific to each location in partnership with our clients.
We stay connected and communicate frequently, reinforcing guidance for both personal hygiene, sanitation and social distancing practices as well as the important practices for all operations.
Most importantly, all team members are asked to stay home if they are sick or are showing any symptoms of any illness, or if they need to care for a family member.
Our Emergency Paid Leave program supports our teams in the event an associate (not eligible for our PTO or PSL programs) is impacted by the virus, required to self-quarantine, take care of a family member under quarantine, or if a school or childcare provider is closed, so they can take care of their health and that of their families’ and contain the spread of the virus. In addition, we have temporarily lifted the maximum negative balance for those on our PTO plan from 40 hours to 80 hours.
Covid-19 Operational Health & Safety Guidelines
We follow safety procedures at each location with operational guidelines for specific roles and healthcare-related services including the enhanced solutions we now provide for our hospital clients to support the crisis response. We have established specific requirements for each individual service including valet, shuttle, greeter, screening and in-patient transport.
- Hand sanitizer and disinfectant products are available for all operations. All team members use hand sanitizer before and after the handling of keys, luggage and other items.
- Counters, valet stands, keyboards, phones, and other high traffic areas or objects are cleaned regularly with disinfectant wipes.
- When assisting a customer with their vehicle, we wipe down all vehicle touch points, including key fobs, steering wheels, door handles (inside and out) and gear shifts with disinfecting wipes
- Where possible our teams are maintaining proper distance between self and guest, following the 6-foot social distancing recommendations
- In our shuttle operations we implement social distancing practices by transporting a smaller group of guests (half capacity) and/or making additional trips for larger groups. We frequently wipe down seats, handrails and other commonly touched areas with disinfecting wipes and carry hand sanitizer in each vehicle.
- In our healthcare locations where we are providing enhanced support solutions during the crisis, we implement all practices recommended by each individual hospital. Select clients provide personal protective equipment such as safety masks or gloves and our teams follow site specific practices in addition to Towne Park guidelines.